by Conrad Yeats
May 15, 2014
The re-opening this week of the Washington Monument
after 33 months of
repairs has some history geeks
- including senior officials of the National
Park Service -
studying the mysterious Masonic stones that line the interior
to see if any have been altered or replaced.
And they've turned to a secret
from astro-archaeologist Conrad Yeats for
The Masonic Memorial Stones
In the three-year period between the dedication ceremonies of the Washington
Monument and the admission of the general public, work was still being done
on the interior - work that would complete underground what had already been
completed in the heavens.
Officially, that work completed the 897-step stairwell to the observation
deck at the 500-foot level, as well as the conversion of the elevator
platform, used in the construction of the obelisk, into a steam-hoisted
Outfitted with seats and ornate walls, the elevator took about 10 to 12
minutes to ascend and descend from the top.
By the time it was fully
operational, Congress then shifted control of the monument and its staffing
to the War Department, with the Washington National Monument Society acting
On October 9, 1888, the Washington Monument was officially
opened to the public.
But something else was going on as well, as the following official
documentation from the Department of Interior observes:
"The Washington National Monument Society, in charge of fund- raising for
the Monument, sensed the importance of Washington's masonic membership and
great pride that masons felt across the country for their brother,
Washington, the father of our country.
The Society in 1851 and 1853
solicited members of the Masonic Order nationally through the Grand Lodges,
to make contributions to the construction of the monument…
The Society solicited the Masons, the Odd
Fellows, the Sons of Temperance and other fraternal orders as well."
In all, 193 memorial stones adorn the interior of the monument. Over the
years the stones have been damaged by moisture and vandalism.
More than a few have interesting stories.
For example, the first Masonic stone ascending the Monument is that of the
Grand Lodge of the District of Columbia at the 50 foot landing.
Department of Interior notes,
"This earliest Masonic contribution was no
doubt tied into the cornerstone-laying ceremony where the Grand Lodge of
Another one of the commemorative stones was a block of marble originally
Temple of Concord in Rome. This stone was a
gift from Pope Pius IX.
On March 6, 1854, the stone was stolen by masked thieves and either broken
into pieces, or dumped into the Potomac River. Whatever its fate, it was
never found and no arrests were made. In 1985 a ceremony was held for the
replacement of the "Pope Stone" that was lost in 1854.
The new stone bears
the inscription: A ROMA AMERICAE.
Then there's the peculiar lore surrounding the California stone, which
arrived in Washington on August 2, 1860, and was ultimately embedded in the
west wall at the 120-foot level. That stone, in fact, was a replacement for
a previous "Atlantis Stone" that was recovered from the bottom of the ocean
and contained mysterious crystal stars.
Records from the War Department
describe the crystals as "a kind of quartz, but not quartz."
The answer may well rest in a most unusual place.
An Obelisk Rises
May 13, 2014
In commemoration of this week's re-opening of
the Washington Monument
exactly 33 months
after a mysterious earthquake closed it to the public,
streaming selections from
WASHINGTONOPLE - The Secret History of America's
A government white paper about
star alignments of Washington, D.C.,
written by astro-archeologist Conrad
and controversially leaked shortly after 9/11.
- An Obelisk Rises
By design the marble Washington Monument is a classical Egyptian obelisk and
the tallest structure in Washington, D.C. at 555' 5⅛″. It is also the
tallest freestanding stone structure in the world.
"the obelisk, resembling the shape of a
flame, caused these monuments to be consecrated to the Sun and to Fire… the
obelisks were erected in honor of the Sun."
(Source: Albert Pike,
Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry.)
This most certainly was NOT what President
Thomas Jefferson had in mind when
he marked the site for a proposed "equestrian statue" to honor George
Washington directly south of the White House and west of the U.S. Capitol in
(Source: U.S. Department of Interior Records.)
Officially, Jefferson said his marker was intended to serve as the National
Mall's official point of demarcation with respect to longitude East and
But it was really his attempt to thwart any chance that the Washington
Monument would complete the second leg of
L'Enfant's plan by aligning with
the middle star of Orion's Belt,
Today, however, a towering, 555-foot-tall obelisk casts its shadow over the
National Mall, much like L'Enfant's grand plan for America's capital city.
How did this happen?
On September 26, 1833, almost 30 years after Jefferson had marked the site
for Washington's memorial, a private group of citizens arose to form,
Washington National Monument Society."
Many of them were Freemasons, and
some of them were the most influential Americans of their day.
The Society's first president was Supreme Court Chief Justice
78, a friend of Washington's.
When Marshall died two years later, former
President James Madison was named the new president. With that precedent
set, the Society changed their constitution to include the President of the
United States as their honorary president, a tradition that continues to
It was the Society that selected (and actually scaled down) architect
Mills' award-winning design for an Egyptian obelisk.
And on July 4, 1848,
"under a clear sky in the presence of the President of
the United States and virtually every notable of the government… the
cornerstone was set with masonic ceremonies by the Grand Lodge of Masons of
the District of Columbia."
In fact, almost 20,000 people gathered around the designated mound for the
laying of the cornerstone.
Among those attending were,
Also present were,
One of the principal addresses of the occasion was given by
French, Grand Master,
"who wore the same masonic apron that Washington wore
at the laying of the cornerstone of the U.S. Capitol.
In his address French
referred to the masonic master's chair used by Washington as Worshipful
Master of Washington-Alexandria, and the gavel used by the first President
to set the cornerstone of the Capitol, in the custody of Potomac Lodge #5 of
Both of these were on display for the occasion along with
other Washington masonic relics."
Interestingly enough, that mound upon which the Washington Monument was
built was NOT the site Thomas Jefferson had so painstakingly marked off in
Rather, according to documents of the era, the Washington Monument was
forced to a new construction site,
"due to foundation problems caused by the
marshy, damp soil upon which all of Washington, D.C., was built."
And where would this new site be?
Interestingly, the Society selected a site
"slightly west of Jefferson's
original intended position," directly in line with L'Enfant's original
vision and the middle star of Orion's Belt, Alnilam.
But by 1848, when
construction on the Washington monument began, the site had turned into a
marsh. The Society had no choice but to move the location for the monument
"a few hundred feet to the southeast."
So Jefferson had apparently prevailed
(for another 150 years, anyway.)
Slowly the obelisk began to take shape, rising higher and higher toward the
sky. Finally, after various financial setbacks, the Civil War and the
transfer of the monument and grounds over to the United States government,
the Washington Monument was finished, courtesy of the U.S. Army Corps of
Finally, a 3,300-pound capstone was placed at the top and crowned with a
nine-inch-tall pyramid made of aluminum, a rare metal in those days.
Engraved on one side of the aluminum apex are the words: LAUS DEO.
According to official records,
"The dedication was held in cold winter on
February 21, 1885. Again the Grand Lodge of Masons of the District of
Columbia participated using an adaptation of the cornerstone ceremony they
had used in 1848.
Grand Master Myron M. Parker gave an oration, and again
the Washington masonic relics were displayed and Washington's Masonic career
The official dedication celebration, which included fireworks, was held the
day before Washington's birthday in 1885. But it wasn't until October 1888
that the monument was officially open to the public.
Monumental Questions Linger
May 12, 2014
Exactly 33 months after a mysterious
almost toppled the tallest freestanding
masonry structure in the world,
the 555-foot-tall Washington Monument
re-opened today in Washington, D.C.
And it also re-opened some age-old
when a curious artifact was uncovered
behind a repaired,
but still-settling masonic stone:
A printed manuscript of a redacted
Pentagon "white paper"
secret star alignments of America's capital
by famed astro-archeologist Conrad
- An Alignment Artifact
Conrad Yeats, the world's foremost astro-archeologist and host of
TV's "Ancient Riddles of the Universe," as he explores the secret star
alignments behind Washington, D.C.
In his secret "white paper" report
- The Secret History of America's capital), Yeats explains how
major monuments along the National Mall are by design aligned to key alpha
stars. These alignments reveal not only the hidden hand behind the founding
of the American republic, but are a cosmic clock ticking toward America's
date with destiny.
This white paper was originally obtained and controversially published as a
30-page PDF eBook shortly after the
Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.
What Others Are Saying
- Dr. Zahi Hawass, Director General of Egypt's Supreme Council of